A new edition of this title is available, ISBN-10: 0672329166 ISBN-13: 9780672329166
We've taken the best and made it even better. The third edition of the best-selling PHP and MySQL Web Development has been updated to include material and code on MySQL 5, PHP 5 and on PHPs object model and validation. Through a clear, practical approach, you will learn to develop secure, dynamic websites by integrating and implementing the PHP scripting language and the MySQL database system. Real-world examples and working sample projects will give you a strong foundation on which to start building your own websites, complete with features such as SSL, shopping carts and payment systems. The accompanying CD includes the source code from each example in the book, the entire book in PDF format, and source code and binaries for PHP 5, MySQL 5 and Apache. Readers have called PHP and MySQL Web Development call it the best technical book they've ever read, but don't take their word for it. Find out for yourself!
I. Using PHP
1. PHP Crash Course.
2. Storing and Retrieving Data.
3. Using Arrays.
4. String Manipulation and Regular Expressions.
5. Reusing Code and Writing Functions.
6. Object-Oriented PHP.
7. Exception Handling.
II. Using MySQL
8. Designing Your Web Database.
9. Creating Your Web Database.
10. Working with Your MySQL Database.
11. Accessing Your MySQL Database from the Web with PHP.
12. Advanced MySQL Administration.
13. Advanced MySQL Programming.
III. E-COMMERCE AND SECURITY.
14. Running an E-commerce Site.
15. E-commerce Security Issues.
16. Implementing Authentication with PHP and MySQL.
17. Implementing Secure Transactions with PHP and MySQL.
IV. ADVANCED PHP TECHNIQUES.
18. Interacting with the File System and the Server.
19. Using Network and Protocol Functions.
20. Managing the Date and Time.
21. Generating Images.
22. Using Session Control in PHP.
23. Other Useful Features.
V. BUILDING PRACTICAL PHP AND MySQL PROJECTS24. USING PHP AND MySQL FOR LARGE PROJECTS.
26. Building User Authentication and Personalization.
27. Building a Shopping Cart.
28. Building a Content Management System.
29. Building a Web-Based Email Service.
30. Building a Mailing List Manager.
31. Building Web Forums.
32. Generating Personalized Documents in Portable Document Format (PDF).
33. Connecting to Web Services with XML and SOAP.
Appendix A: Installing PHP and MySQL.
Appendix B: Web Resources.