This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Students will discover how to:
• Make male clients look natural, masculine, and confident
• Skillfully document male clients' best attributes, physical and emotional
• Define every man's face shapes, body shapes, and other features
• Compensate for flaws and perceived flaws, including acne, baldness, double chins, gray hair, wrinkles, and large features
• Overcome the challenges of styling male subjects, including big, skinny, and short men
• Understand how a suit should really fit their subject - and what to do if suits are out of the question
• Properly light all shapes and sizes of men for portraits, fashion, and commercial images (with complete lighting diagrams, behind-the-scenes images, and gear lists)
• Get detailed examples and tips for portraits, 3/4 poses, and full-length poses
• Photograph entrepreneurs, managers, prosperous men, innovators, "classic" and "handsome" men, athletes, muscle men, underwear models, and
even movie stars
• Complement every man's features in post-production techniques
More and more men are seeking out great portrait, commercial, or fashion photography. For working photographers, photographing men may be one of today's greatest new opportunities. But, while there are dozens of books, guides, and workshops on photographing women, there's been practically nothing comparable for men… until now!
Jeff Rojas's Photographing Men is today's definitive full-color guide to every aspect of modern male photography. Rojas builds on his unique in-person course, which has made him Google's #1 go-to search result for knowledge on photographing males. Rojas covers posing, styling, posing, lighting, post-production, and more, showing how to achieve outstanding results and maximum creative expression. You'll discover how to:
Part I. Defining Features
1. Face Shapes
2. Body Types/Understanding All Sizes and Shapes
3. Perceived Flaws
Part II. Posing and Styling Men
4. Understanding Body Language
7. Lying Down
8. Styling 101
9. Styling Difficult Features
Part III. Lighting Men
10. Introduction to Lighting Men
11. Portrait Photography Lighting
12. Commercial Photography Lighting
13. Fashion Photography Lighting