PhoneGap Essentials: Building Cross-Platform Mobile Apps, Rough Cuts
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- About Rough Cuts
Rough Cuts are manuscripts that are developed but not yet published, available through Safari Books Online. Rough Cuts provide you access to the very latest information on a given topic and offer you the opportunity to interact with the author to influence the final publication.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 384
- Edition: 1st
- Rough Cuts
- ISBN-10: 0-13-292836-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-292836-6
This is the Rough Cut version of the printed book.
Experienced mobile developer John M. Wargo thoroughly introduces the PhoneGap platform, explaining what it is, what it does, and how it works. He then guides you through configuring PhoneGap environments—creating complete mobile apps—and building them for the Google Android™, Samsung bada, BlackBerry® devices, Apple® iOS, Symbian™ OS, and Windows® Phone. Through realistic examples, you’ll master key PhoneGap APIs for everything from GPS to the file system, contacts to camera, device to events, and more. Wargo also demonstrates how to take full advantage of PhoneGap Build, PhoneGap’s cloud-based packaging utility.
- The anatomy of a PhoneGap application (what makes an application a PhoneGap application)
- Understanding the impact of cross-platform development issues
- Exploring the entire PhoneGap development process, including testing and debugging
- Expanding PhoneGap’s capabilities with third-party development tools and plug-ins
- Building cross-platform apps that use the device camera, compass, accelerometer, and other hardware
- Reading from and writing to the contacts database and the device file system
- Installing tools needed to develop PhoneGap apps for Android, bada, BlackBerry, iOS, Symbian, and Windows Phone
- Reacting to events and notifying users
- Using the Media API to record and play media files
- Building for multiple platforms simultaneously using PhoneGap Build
About the Website
Downloadable code projects, additional information, and errata are available at phonegapessentials.com.
Other Things You Might Like
- Core iOS Developer's Cookbook, The, 5th Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $28.79
- Sams Teach Yourself Objective-C in 24 Hours, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59
- iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide, 4th Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $31.99