- Copyright 2002
- Dimensions: K
- Pages: 240
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-13-035648-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-035648-2
Pete Moulton's A+ Training Course, Second Edition
A Digital Seminar on CD-ROM
Stop struggling with dense textbooks-watch, listen, and learn as Pete Moulton demonstrates key PC maintenance, upgrade, and repair techniques, and master the skills you need to pass the latest CompTIA A+ Exam, fast! In 6 hours of digital video instruction, Moulton shows you how to work with every key PC component and subsystem, from CPUs, RAM, and motherboards to cable modems, wireless LANs, and Windows 2000 troubleshooting! Get the details you need with fast, one-click access to a fully integrated eBook! A+ has never been this visual-or this easy!
- Watch, listen, learn -- as top technical trainer Pete Moulton shares powerful insight into PC maintenance and repair!
- Over 6 hours of expert digital video instruction: Watch Pete Moulton walk through dozens of key repair, upgrade, and configuration tasks!
- Includes extensive on-the-job advice for PC repair specialists.
- Provides real solutions: Windows 2000/Me, Pentium 4, USB, FireWire, cable modems and routers, new peripherals, and more.
- CD-ROM includes a fully searchable electronic copy of Pete Moulton's best-selling book A+ Certification and PC Repair Guide! Includes bonus printed course workbook!
Gain powerful insight by watching over six hours of digital video from top PC technical trainer Pete Moultondemonstrates key PC techniques. Includes practical coverage of the latest technologies: Pentium 4, FireWire, cable modems and routers, flat panel monitors, wireless LANs, Windows 2000/Me, and more!
Test your knowledge! Includes hundreds of A+ practice questions and answers!
Learn all this, and more...
- PC hardware installation, upgrades, and troubleshooting
- Replacing CPUs, RAM, and motherboards
- Repairing notebooks and printers
- Windows installation, configuration, drivers, and upgrades
- Working with CMOS settings and flash BIOSes
- Installing LANs -- including wireless LANs!
- Setting up cable/DSL modems and routers
- Flat panel monitors, dual-monitor configurations, and TV cards
- PC preventive maintenance
Specially designed for...
- Every PC technician preparing for the A+ exam
- PC technicians who want to strengthen their skills
- Beginning PC technicians
- Power users who want to strengthen their PC maintenance skills
- Administrators and managers with PC maintenance responsibilities
About Your InstructorPete Moulton, author of Prentice Hall PTR's The Telecommunications Survival Guide, is President of The Moulton Company, a national training company based in Columbia, MD that was responsible for training more than 1,000 Compaq/Digital professionals for the A+ Exam. It also produces the weekly radio show, DIAL-A-NERD, and a companion TV program.
300 MHz processor or higher
32 MB disk space/64 MB RAM
12x CD-ROM drive and sound card support
QuickTime 5.0 (included)
Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 (included)