Business & Management
Management & Strategy
Organizational Change Through Effective Leadership, 2nd Edition
- Your Price: $90.67
- List Price: $106.67
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- bases content on two detailed real-life cases of successful changes in two different large American industrial plants, and provides conceptual analyses — theoretical, diagnostic, and therapeutic — of those changes drawn from more than 100 behavioral scientists.
- in Case I, the case itself is written up on the righthand side of the page; and concepts and analysis are presented conveniently on the lefthand page. The case focuses on what happened in the management sector of the organization, with some secondary observations about the behavior of rank and file employees.
- Case II focuses on the worker sector and the changes that were generated as a result of worker participation and involvement in the decision-making process.
- Copyright 1986
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-13-641390-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-641390-5
Based on two detailed cases of successful changes in complex organizations with conceptual analysis drawn from more than 100 behavioral scientists. For courses in management, organizational behavior or organizational development.
Table of Contents
I. THE PLANT Y CASE. 1. Setting the Stage. 2. Period of Disintegration. 3. Period of Change. 4. The Change Process in Retrospect — and the Results. 5. Epilogue.
II. THE PLANT Z CASE.
Section One: Description of Events at Plant Z. 6. Introducing Quality of Worklife at Plant Z. 7. Getting on Stream.
Section Two: Conceptual Analysis of Plant Z. 8. The Process of Launching QWL. 9. The Dynamics of Problem-Solving Groups. 10. The Diffusion and Institutionalization of Change. 11. The Leadership Role. 12. Concluding Remarks — Plant Y and Plant Z. Bibliography.
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase