CELEBRATE EARTH WEEK
Save 70% on video training and simulators now through April 27*—use code EARTH. Shop now.
In a world where everything from how we take pictures to how we get our food is designed to happen as quickly and easily as possible, it can take a lot longer to learn how to make it all work behind the scenes. Theories and concepts can weigh you down when all you really want to know is how to create, design and go. That's where OpenGL SuperBible comes in. Complete with supporting figures and a CD packed with free tools, demos and libraries, OpenGL SuperBible simplifies 3D programming concepts without wasting your time with programming theory. Mac and Windows users will both find this comprehensive hands-on guide helpful as you learn to program for games, visualization applications and multi-platforms. This is the ultimate resource for any new programmer.
I. CLASSIC OPENGL.
1. Introduction to 3D Graphics and OpenGL.
2. Using OpenGL.
3. Drawing in Space: Geometric Primitives and Buffers.
4. Geometric Transformations: The Pipeline.
5. Color, Materials, and Lighting: The Basics.
6. More on Colors and Materials.
7. Imaging with OpenGL.
8. Texture Mapping: The Basics.
9. Texture Mapping: Beyond the Basics.
10. Curves and Surfaces.
11. It's All About the Pipeline: Faster Geometry Throughput.
12. Interactive Graphics.
II. OPENGL EVERYWHERE.
13. Wiggle: OpenGL on Windows.
14. OpenGL on MacOS X.
15. GLX: OpenGL on Linux.
III. OPENGL: THE NEXT GENERATION.
16. Buffer Objects: It's Your Video Memory; You Manage It!
17. Occlusion Queries: Why Do More Work Than You Need To?
18. Depth Textures and Shadows.
19. Programmable Pipeline: This Isn't Your Father's OpenGL.
20. Low-Level Shading: Coding to the Metal.
21. High-Level Shading: The Real Slim Shader.
22. Vertex Shading: Do-It-Yourself Transform, Lighting, and Texgen.
23. Fragment Shading: Empower Your Pixel Processing.
Appendix A. Further Reading.
Appendix B. Glossary.
Appendix C. OpenGL ES.
The author of OpenGL SuperBible has created an extensive errata site at: