More than 7 Hours of Expert Video Instruction
MPLS is a key technology for service providers and large enterprises seeking to streamline network management, improve scalability, and simplify migration to newer designs. The MPLS Fundamentals LiveLessons video training course offers more than 7 hours of expert instruction on MPLS network protocols, services, deployment, and operation.
Presented by a Cisco technical leader who provides advanced MPLS support to leading service providers, MPLS Fundamentals LiveLessons provides a strong foundation of knowledge for working with MPLS in any environment. Luc De Ghein explains how and why MPLS works, covering MPLS advantages, architecture, protocols, packet forwarding, VPNs, traffic engineering, segment routing, QoS, troubleshooting, and more.
De Ghein’s 11 well-organized lessons and more than 40 concise sublessons explore real examples, sample output, and easy-to-follow concept teaching and demos. This is the perfect course to learn MPLS from the ground up, or to supplement your existing knowledge with the most up-to-date training available from the world’s foremost MPLS expert. Whatever your role in running MPLS networks, MPLS Fundamentals LiveLessons will help you get the results you’re looking for.
* The key problems MPLS solves, and how it solves them
* Essential MPLS services, architecture, and building blocks
* How label distribution works and forwarding tables are built
* Using label stacking, router label operations, and TTL
* Understanding LDP discovery, sessions, and LIB/LFIB forwarding tables
* Establishing MPLS Layer 3 VPNs from start to finish
* Routing between core and customer routers
* Establishing Internet connections and provisioning IPv6 services
* Delivering Inter-Autonomous System services with MPLS VPN Layer 3
* Working with MPLS VPN Layer 2: both point-to-point and point-to-multipoint
* Performing MPLS traffic engineering
* Using segment routing to simplify growing networks
* Propagating Quality of Service (QoS) information throughout MPLS networks
Learn How To
* Deploy and operate MPLS networks
* Explore an MPLS network’s architecture and building blocks
* Perform core MPLS tasks with Cisco IOS or IOS-XR commands
* Control label operations and distribution
* Implement Layer 3 VPNs, the most popular MPLS service
* Choose the best way to provide Layer 3 Inter-Autonomous System services
* Apply powerful new MPLS segment routing techniques
* Use traffic engineering to optimize network efficiency and reduce cost
* Take full advantage of RSVP and Fast ReRoute link, node, and path protection
* Support QoS transport with DiffServ tunneling
* Troubleshoot MPLS forwarding with ping and traceroute
* Master MPLS topics on CCIE Routing & Switching and Service Provider exams
Who Should Take This Course
Any networking professional or IT engineer who works with MPLS in service provider or enterprise environments, and all network professionals studying for the CCIE Routing & Switching or Service Provider exam.
Requires basic knowledge of routing and routing protocols.
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson’s expert-led video tutorials teach you the technology skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include IT certification, programming, web and mobile development, networking, security, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: MPLS Architecture
Lesson 3: Forwarding Labeled Packets
Lesson 4: Label Distribution Protocol
Lesson 5: MPLS VPN Layer 3
Lesson 6: Inter-Autonomous MPLS VPN
Lesson 7: MPLS VPN Layer 2
Lesson 8: Traffic Engineering
Lesson 9: MPLS Segment Routing
Lesson 10: MPLS QoS Modes
Lesson 11: Troubleshooting MPLS Networks