Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Mobile Applications: Architecture, Design, and Development: Architecture, Design, and Development
- Your Price: $39.99
- List Price: $49.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2004
- Dimensions: 7x9-1/4
- Pages: 368
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-117263-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-117263-0
Delivering high-value mobile applications-from start to finish
This is the definitive guide to building successful mobile applications. It covers every facet of development and deployment, including business issues, architectural design, integration with existing web and legacy applications, and the management of mobile application development projects. It also presents three application case studies that demonstrate best practices at work in real projects. Coverage includes:
- Requirements, design, development, integration, testing, release, and maintenance
- "Mobilizing" existing application architectures
- Building effective user interfaces for mobile applications
- Fat-client and thin-client scenarios
- Managing client-server data transfer
- Securing mobile applications: authentication, encryption, and data self-destruction
- Full Microsoft .NET code examples for cell phones, Pocket PCs, and Tablet PCs
Mobile Applications is indispensable for everyone who needs to deliver robust, high-value mobile solutions: project managers, technical leaders, architects, and experienced developers alike.
Download the Source
Code related to this title.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download the Sample
Chapter related to this title.
Table of Contents
Foreword by Nick Grattan.
2. Business Context.
3. Mobile Application Architectures.
4. Mobile Infrastructure.
5. Mobile Client User Interface.
6. Mobile Client Applications.
7. Client-Server Data Transfer.
8. Mobilizing Existing Application Architectures.
10. Mobile Application Development Management.
11. Mobile Museum Case Study.
12. Mobile Biologist Case Study.
13. Mobile Zoo Case Study.
A. Further Reading.
B. Pocket Web Host Design.
Download the Foreword
related to this title.
Download the Index
file related to this title.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Unleashed
- Book $47.99
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Internals
- eBook (Watermarked) $39.99