Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Microsoft Windows Vista Help Desk
- This product currently is not for sale.
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Your Price: $19.19
- List Price: $23.99
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2008
- Dimensions: 7x9-1/8
- Pages: 576
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7897-3587-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7897-3587-4
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-7686-6734-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7686-6734-9
What do you do when your squeaky new Microsoft operating system doesn’t work? You moan and complain and get personal about Bill Gates's haircut while you wait for Microsoft to figure it out and issue a fix in a hefty service pack in a year or so. Or you could take the smart way out and use this definitive troubleshooting book that will cure your illin' Vista PC in no time flat.
This book exposes the flaws and nuances of Vista and teaches you how to work with its quirky personality and fix the problems you have with it so you can get back to your regularly scheduled life. Microsoft Windows Vista Help Desk digs deep inside the operating system to unveil expert-level tools and techniques. It offers a step-by-step, head-patting, hand-holding experience on how to use Vista as if you are a trained professional. This book covers hiccups, coughs, crashes, blue screens, reboots, system failures, malware infections, and other forehead-aching issues that make happy users clench their fists and profane the good name of the sweet and kind geeks in Redmond, Washington.
Andy Walker is one of North America's top technology journalists and is the author of Que's Absolute Beginner's Guide to Security, Spam, Spyware & Viruses. Since 1995, he has written about technology for dozens of newspapers, magazines, and websites. His personal technology advice column was syndicated across Canada and today it is published at Cyberwalker.com, where millions read the advice annually. He hosted the internationally syndicated TV show Call for Help with Leo Laporte and now he is the star of his own DVD series at GettingStartedVideo.com. He also co-hosts Lab Rats (labrats.tv), a massively popular video podcast. Andy was born in the UK and now lives in Toronto with two cats and a finely tuned Vista computer.
- Troubleshoot your Vista PC every inch of the way–including Internet problems, printing problems, network problems, and user interface problems
- Use the troubleshooting flowcharts to step your way through a problem to find the right solution
- Designed for home users, cubicle dwellers, and students everywhere
- Quickly sort through complex problems to determine whether Vista, your hardware, or a random piece of software is the culprit
- Track down and eradicate viruses, spyware, and other Internet nasties
- Deal with annoying networking issues that have brought your wireless network to its knees
- Set up and troubleshoot multiple user accounts so that you, your spouse, your kids, and even the family pooch can share the same PC
Category: Microsoft Operating System
Covers: Microsoft Windows Vista
User Level: Beginning–Intermediate
Online Sample Chapters
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
PART I: VISTA BASICS
Chapter 1: Windows Vista: A Crash Course on Your New OS
Chapter 2: Basic Vista Troubleshooting
PART II: PERFORMANCE TROUBLESHOOTING
Chapter 3: Startup and Shutdown Issues
Chapter 4: Optimizing a Sluggish System
PART III: REFORMAT AND REINSTALL
Chapter 5: Preparation and Backup
Chapter 6: Reformat and Reinstall
Chapter 7: Restart and Restore
PART IV: HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE TROUBLESHOOTING
Chapter 8: Hardware Headaches
Chapter 9: Software Troubles
PART V: NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTING
Chapter 10: Internet Disconnect
Chapter 11: Network Nightmares
PART VI: EMERGENCY PROBLEMS
Chapter 12: Security Troubles
Chapter 13: Bad System Boots and Lockouts
PART VII: MULTIMEDIA TROUBLES
Chapter 14: Troubleshooting Sound
Chapter 15: Fix and Tweak Graphics and Video
Chapter 16: Gaming Optimization
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Microsoft Windows 7 In Depth
- Book $39.99
- Easy Microsoft Windows Vista, 2nd Edition
- Book $17.59