Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 2008
- Dimensions: 7x9-1/8
- Pages: 624
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-672-32922-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-672-32922-7
SQL Server Compact Edition is a slimmed down version of SQL Server that you can use on Pocket PCs, Smart phones, Tablet PCs, and Desktops. With this book, you will learn how to build applications for resource constrained devices. You’ll discover how the SQL Server Compact Edition database can also be used as an embedded in-proc database for desktop-based applications. You’ll learn how to manage the SQL Server Compact Edition database using SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, and Query Analyzer.
Laptops, Tablet PCs, and mobile devices enable information workers to access enterprise data from remote locations. With the step-by-step exercises provided in this book, you’ll learn how to synchronize data between SQL Server and SQL Server Compact Edition. You’ll also learn Remote Data Access–a lightweight method to exchange data between SQL Server and SQL Server Compact Edition. Also in this book are code samples to help you write database applications for mobile devices and for desktop PCs. Throughout the book you’ll find expert tips for building and deploying enterprise applications.
Understand how to…
- Build mobile and desktop applications using SQL Server Compact Edition
- Set up the development and production environment with Visual Studio, SQL Server, and SQL Server Compact Edition
- Optimize performance and plan for security
- Manage databases using SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, and Query Analyzer
- Develop applications using ADO.NET and OLEDB provider for SQL Server Compact Edition
- Upgrade from earlier versions of SQL CE, .NET Compact Framework, and Visual Studio
- Use Merge Replication to synchronize data between SQL Server and SQL Server Compact Edition
- Exchange data between SQL Server and SQL Server Compact Edition using Remote Data Access
1 Getting Started with SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition 7
2 Platform Support and Installation35
3 Getting to Know the Tools 63
4 Managing the SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition Database 109
5 Defining Database Structure 131
6 Manipulating the Database 175
7 Programming SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition with ADO.NET 205
8 Introducing Native Access 247
9 Using Operators in SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition 279
10 Using the Built-In Functions 295
11 Upgrading from a Previous Version 327
12 Synchronizing Data with Merge Replication 345
13 Synchronizing Data with Remote Data Access 411
14 Securing the SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition Database 459
15 SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition Performance Tuning 505
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Unleashed
- Book $47.99
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Unleashed
- Book $47.99