Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Your Price: $41.59
- List Price: $51.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2007
- Dimensions: 7x9-1/8
- Pages: 864
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-672-32782-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-672-32782-7
Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services provides fast access to data by means of multidimensional data structures and the multidimensional query languag MDX. Analysis Services provides the capability to design, create, and manage multidimensional cubes based on data warehouse tables, and it serves as the foundation for the Microsoft Business Intelligence strategy.
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services gives the reader insight into the way Analysis Services functions. It not only explains ways to design and create multidimensional objects, databases, dimensions, and cubes, but also provides invaluable information about the reasons behind design decisions made by the development team.
Here's what you will find inside:
- Understand the key concepts of multidimensional modeling
- Explore the multidimensional object model and its definition language
- Learn the main concepts of the MDX language and gain an in-depth understanding of advanced MDX concepts
- Understand the mechanisms of integrating multidimensional and relational databases
- Learn how to build client applications to access data in Analysis Services
- Examine server architecture, including main data structures, data processing, and query resolution algorithms
- Gain a deep understanding of the internal and external protocols for data transfer, including the XML/A protocol
- Explore how Analysis Services manages memory
- Explore the security model, including role-based security, code-access security, and data security
- Discover how to monitor and manage Analysis Services
All the code for the sample database used in the book can be found at www.informit.com/title/0672327821.
Online Sample Chapters
Downloadable Sample Chapter
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.