Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
How to use
• Create workbooks more efficiently using a new results-oriented interface
• Use data-analysis tools and techniques for better decision making
• Use organizing, processing, and presenting tools to create data in Excel
• Integrate data from external sources and add hyperlinks
• Use conditional formatting to visualize results
• Add impact to your data with PivotTable and PivotChart reports
• Create organizational data reporting and publishing solutions
• Organize information and add impact with clip art, SmartArt diagrams, tables, and charts
• Use Groove and SharePoint Team Services to collaborate and share documents and information
• Prepare for the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS) exam
• Practice your new skills with the useful workshops inside
On the Web
This book uses real-world examples to give you a context in which to use the task. This book also includes workshops to help you put together individual tasks into projects. The Excel example files that you need for project tasks are available at www.perspection.com.
Perspection has written and produced books on a variety of computer software—including Microsoft Office 2003 and XP, Microsoft Windows XP, Apple Mac OS X Panther, Adobe Photoshop CS2, Macromedia Flash 8, Macromedia Director MX, and Macromedia Fireworks—and Web publishing. In 1991, after working for Apple Computer and Microsoft, Steve Johnson founded Perspection, Inc. Perspection is committed to providing information and training to help people use software more effectively. Perspection has written more than 80 computer books, and sold more than 5 million copies.
Includes MCAS Exam Objectives!
This courseware meets the objectives for the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS). Upon completion of this courseware, you may be prepared to take the exam for MCAS qualification. To learn more about becoming a
Microsoft Certified Application Specialist, visit www.microsoft.com.
Chapter 1 Getting Started with Excel 1
Chapter 2 Basic Workbook Skills 35
Chapter 3 Working with Formulas and Functions 71
Chapter 4 Modifying Worksheets and Workbooks 109
Chapter 5 Formatting a Worksheet 131
Chapter 6 Viewing and Printing Worksheets and Workbooks 169
Chapter 7 Inserting and Modifying Graphics 185
Chapter 8 Drawing and Modifying Shapes 225
Chapter 9 Creating and Modifying Charts 257
Chapter 10 Analyzing Worksheet Data 291
Chapter 11 Building More Powerful Worksheets 317
Chapter 12 Protecting and Securing a Workbook 333
Chapter 13 Reviewing and Sharing Workbook Data 363
Chapter 14 Publishing Data on the Web 395
Chapter 15 Tools for Working More Efficiently 411
Chapter 16 Expanding Excel Functionality 429
Chapter 17 Working Together on Office Documents 455
W Workshops: Putting It All Together 483