A practical guide, from the basic techniques, through to advanced applications, showing you what operational risk is, and how you can manage it.
Mastering Operational Risk provides a step-by-step guide from the basic elements of operational risk through to advanced applications of operational risk management. Focusing on practical applications, it gives you the knowledge needed to understand what operational risk is and puts in place a workable way of managing it.
Part 1: Setting the scene
1. What is operational risk?
2. The business case for operational risk management
Part 2: The framework
4. Operational risk appetite
5. Risk and control assessment ?
6. Events and losses
Part 3: Advancing the framework
10. Stress tests and scenarios
11. Operational risk management and Six sigma
Part 4: Mitigation and assurance
12. Business continuity
14. Internal audit the third line of defence
Part 5: Practical operational risk management
15. Outsourcing risk
16. People risk
17. Reputation risk