Mass Transfer: Fundamentals and Applications
- Your Price: $136.00
- List Price: $160.00
- We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.
- combines coverage of microscopic diffusional processes and macroscopic separation methods into a single volume.
- gives mathematical methods for solving partial differential equations of diffusion -- including the use of the Method of Weighted residuals.
- discusses multicomponent separations -- including a short-cut and tray-by-tray methods.
- considers both equilibrium adsorption and adsorption in packed towers as well as methods for designing packed adsorbers.
- provides 240 illustrations.
- Copyright 1985
- Pages: 600
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-559609-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-559609-8
Introduces students to the fundamentals and applications of microscopic and macroscopic mass transfer.
Table of Contents
1. Mass Transfer Fundamentals.
2. Diffusion Coefficients.
3. Formulation of Mass Transfer Models.
4. Partial Differential Equations of Diffusion.
5. Mass Transfer Coefficients.
6. Convective Mass Transfer.
7. Phase Equilibrium.
9. Binary Distillation.
10. Multicomponent Distillation.
12. Mass Transfer in Continuous Differential Contactors.
13. Design of Staged Columns.
Appendix A: Viscosity of Gases and Liquids.
Appendix B: Equilibrium Data.
Appendix C: Equilibrium K-Values.
Appendix D: Enthalpy Data.
Appendix E: Unit Conversion Factors and Constants.
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase