Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Managing Software Requirements: A Use Case Approach, 2nd Edition
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 2003
- Dimensions: 7-3/8x9-1/4
- Pages: 544
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-321-12247-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-12247-6
"Many projects fail because developers fail to build the right thing. Developers of any kind of application should read this book." —Grady Booch
"A comprehensive solution to the requirements challenges faced by every development team. Full of insight and ideas all developers can learn from." —Ivar Jacobson
Despite the wealth of development knowledge, experience, and tools available today, a substantial percentage of software projects fail, often because requirements are not correctly determined and defined at the outset, or are not managed correctly as the project unfolds. This second edition of the popular text Managing Software Requirements focuses on this critical cause of failure and offers a practical, proven approach to building systems that meet customers' needs on time and within budget.
Using an accessible style, their own war stories, and a comprehensive case study, the authors show how analysts and developers can effectively identify requirements by applying a variety of techniques, centered on the power of use cases. The book illustrates proven techniques for determining, implementing, and validating requirements. It describes six vital Team Skills for managing requirements throughout the lifecycle of a project: Analyzing the Problem, Understanding User Needs, Defining the System, Managing Scope, Refining the System Definition, and Building the Right System. Managing Software Requirements, Second Edition, specifically addresses the ongoing challenge of managing change and describes a process for assuring that project scope is successfully defined and agreed upon by all stakeholders.Topics covered include:
- The five steps in problem analysis
- Business modeling and system engineering
- Techniques for eliciting requirements from customers and stakeholders
- Establishing and managing project scope
- Applying and refining use cases
- Product management
- Transitioning from requirements to design and implementation
- Transitioning from use cases to test cases
- Agile requirements methods
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Strategies for Real-Time System Specification
- eBook (Watermarked) $15.99
- Managing Expectations: Working with People Who Want More, Better, Faster, Sooner, NOW!
- eBook (Watermarked) $15.99