Save 40% on books and eBooks + 70% on videos now through May 31*—use code PROGRAM. Shop now.
From his teaching experience, the author has found that students learn best by seeing several sample CF scripts and the output those scripts produce. This approach helps students set up the associations between the scripted instructions and what those instructions actually do. The author offers lots of example code that is well-commented, is discussed thoroughly prior to its introduction, and is associated with a screen capture that shows the code¿s output. This three-point methodology links how-to discussions with actual CF output in a visual, comprehendible manner.
In the case studies, readers learn to build a corporate intranet directory, a conference registration site, and an online store.
The book covers all important concepts and tools in ColdFusion and provides the user with the requisite skills to become a proficient CF developer.
1. The ColdFusion Development Environment.
2. Variables and Variable Scope.
3. Implementing Conditional Logic.
4. Interacting with Databases: Retrieving Data.
5. Interacting with Databases: Inserting, Updating, and Deleting.
6. Using ColdFusion Lists, Arrays, and Structures.
7. Implementing ColdFusion Loops.
8. Sending E-Mail with ColdFusion.
9. Troubleshooting Your ColdFusion Code.
11. Maintaining State Information.
12. Using the ColdFusion Application Framework.
13. Creating a Search Engine with Verity.
14. Case Study: Corporate Intranet Directory.
15. Case Study: Conference Registration Site.
16. Case Study: Online Store.
A. ColdFusion Markup Language Tag Reference.
B. ColdFusion Markup Language Functions.