Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Linux Debugging and Performance Tuning: Tips and Techniques
- By Steve Best
- Published Oct 10, 2005 by Prentice Hall. Part of the Prentice Hall Open Source Software Development Series series.
- Your Price: $47.99
- List Price: $59.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2006
- Dimensions: 7x9-1/4
- Pages: 456
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-149247-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-149247-9
Learn Linux debugging and optimizationat kernel and application levelshands-on!
This is the definitive guide to Linux software debugging and performance optimization at both the kernel and application levels. Using extensive Linux code examples, Steve Best systematically introduces open source tools and best-practice techniques for delivering bug-free, well-tuned code.
Drawing on his exceptional experience optimizing Linux systems for IBM, Best covers issues ranging from memory management and I/O to system processes and kernel bug messages. You'll walk through real debugging sessions, discovering the strategies experts use to debug even the most complex application- and kernel-related problems. You'll master sophisticated profiling techniques for identifying and resolving bottlenecks more quickly and learn how to capture the right data in the event of trouble. Coverage includes
Debuggers: gdb, kgdb, and KDB
/proc kernel data analysis
System process monitoring
Oops bug messages
Syslog and event logging
Profiling kernel behavior
Crash dump analysis
Linux® Debugging and Performance Tuning will be indispensable for every developer who needs to supercharge the Linux kernel and applications, and for every administrator and support specialist who must resolve Linux reliability or performance issues.
© Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Embedded Linux Primer: A Practical Real-World Approach, Portable Documents, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $31.99
- Advanced Qt Programming: Creating Great Software with C++ and Qt 4
- eBook (Watermarked) $35.19