Financial leaders can no longer succeed on financial skills alone: "soft" leadership skills are now crucial to success. Leverage Competencies shows how eight great companies are helping their financial managers become outstanding business leaders. Discover how these companies are promoting creativity, adaptability, communications, teamwork, strategic vision, innovation, entrepreneurial drive, and core corporate values - and how you can make it happen in your organization.
2. Emotional Competencies: The Sine Qua Non of Leadership.
3. Overview and Discussion of Case Studies.
4. Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
5. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company.
6. Dana Corporation.
7. Nortel Networks Corporation.
8. Solvay Polymers, Inc.
9. Synovus Financial Corp.
11. W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
Appendix A. Research Questionnaire Protocol.
Appendix B. Glossary.
Appendix C. Annotated Bibliography.
About the Authors.