Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
'Microsoft .NET Kick Start' answers the essential questions ¿What is .NET?¿ and ¿What can .NET do for me?¿ from the developer¿s perspective. Expert author Hitesh Seth explains the .NET platform¿its core components, development tools, and programming model¿so you¿ll be ready to build professional .NET applications in no time. 'Microsoft .NET Kick Start' puts .NET into perspective, explaining how .NET differs from other development platforms. You¿ll learn about the consistent .NET programming model for Web, desktop, wireless, and speech applications. You¿ll also see how .NET is tightly integrated with XML and Web service technologies and standards. Hitesh Seth¿s insights and tips, along with dozens of practical examples that you can put to use immediately, will have you up and running at full speed in nothing flat. In this book, you'll: - Program with Visual Studio .NET and your choice of language including C#, Visual Basic .NET, Visual C++, Visual J#, and more - Understand the Common Language Runtime (CLR) - Work with the .NET Framework class library - Develop .NET Windows desktop applications, Web applications, Web services, wireless applications, and speech applications - Integrate and interoperate with existing COM and Win32 applications - Incorporate the Windows Server System into .NET, including SharePoint Portal Server and BizTalk Server - Leverage Microsoft Office System 2003 applications with .NET applications - Learn best practices for .NET application development with blueprints and case studies
1. Putting .NET in Perspective.
2. Understanding the Common Language Runtime.
3. Programming with .NET.
4. Using the .NET Class Library.
5. Getting Started with Visual Studio .NET: Tools for Developing .NET Applications.
6. Using Third-party Tool.
7. Developing Windows Applications Using Windows Forms.
8. Developing Web Applications with ASP.NET.
9. Developing Web Services.
10. Take .NET with You: Developing Mobile Applications.
12. Programming Office System 2003 with .NET.
13. Leveraging Windows Server System with .NET.
15. Blueprints for .NET Applications.
16. Looking Forward: What's Next.