Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
JavaFX: Developing Rich Internet Applications
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Your Price: $25.59
- List Price: $31.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2009
- Dimensions: 7 X 9-1/8
- Pages: 384
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-701287-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-701287-9
Build Rich Applications that Run on the Desktop, the Web, Mobile Devices...Anywhere!
Using JavaFX, developers and graphic designers can work together to build robust, immersive applications and deploy them anywhere: on the desktop, on the Web, and on millions of Java-enabled mobile devices. JavaFX lets you maintain your existing graphics and seamlessly integrate them into Java applications. Plus, JavaFX Script is a declarative language that allows you to preserve your investment in the Java platform while allowing more creativity with JavaFX’s Rich Internet Application environment.
JavaFX™: Developing Rich Internet Applications brings together all the knowledge, techniques, and reusable code you need to quickly deliver production-quality solutions. Writing for both developers and designers, the authors explain how JavaFX simplifies and improves the RIA development process, and they show how to make the most of its ready-built components and frameworks.
JavaFX™ covers everything from data integration to multimedia, special effects to REST. The authors present a full chapter of code recipes and a complete case study application. This book’s wide-ranging content includes
- Building and running JavaFX programs
- Understanding the role of graphics designers in creating JavaFX Graphical Assets
- Writing fast, efficient JavaFX Script programs
- Using data binding to simplify Model-View-Controller application design
- Creating rich user experiences with JavaFX visual components
- Bringing user interfaces to life with lighting, reflection, and other special effects
- Adding motion with the JavaFX animation framework
- Incorporating pictures, sound, and videos in your applications
- Creating RESTful applications with JSON and XML
- Writing JavaFX applications that make the most of the underlying Java platform
The Java™ Series is supported, endorsed, and authored by the creators of the Java technology at Sun Microsystems, Inc. It is the official place to go for complete, expert, and definitive information on Java technology. The books in this Series provide the inside information you need to build effective, robust, and portable applications and applets. The Series is an indispensable resource for anyone targeting the Java platform.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Downloadable Video $119.99
- Book $23.99
- Downloadable Video $119.99