JavaFX Developer's Guide, Rough Cuts
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- About Rough Cuts
Rough Cuts are manuscripts that are developed but not yet published, available through Safari Books Online. Rough Cuts provide you access to the very latest information on a given topic and offer you the opportunity to interact with the author to influence the final publication.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 7 X 9
- Pages: 1152
- Edition: 1st
- Rough Cuts
- ISBN-10: 0-321-64897-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-64897-6
This is the Rough Cut version of the printed book.
Updated for JavaFX 1.3
The JavaFX platform makes it possible to write applications that can be deployed across devices ranging from cell phones to desktops, with little or no change required. JavaFX applications are written using JavaFX Script, a new and easy-to-use scripting language.
Kim Topley’s JavaFX™ Developer’s Guide thoroughly covers the JavaFX language and its core libraries and shows you step by step how to develop and deliver JavaFX applications for the desktop and for mobile devices. It provides complete coverage of all aspects of the language, including
- Language syntax
- Tools you can use to develop, debug, and deploy JavaFX applications
- User interface classes
- How to play audio and video
- How to use RESTful Web services and databases to retrieve the data for your application
- How to create custom components
- User interface basics, attributes, events,and controls
- JavaFX and networking
- JavaFX development with NetBeans and Eclipse
- Packaging and deployment
Topley highlights critical topics that other books gloss over, presents detailed examples that stretch JavaFX to its limits, and shows you exactly how to build on the skills you already have. Whether you’ve been focused on HTML/XML/CSS Web development or Java Swing, this book will help you get outstanding results with JavaFX.
Other Things You Might Like
- Java SE 8 for the Really Impatient
- Book $31.99