Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Java™ Native Interface: Programmer's Guide and Specification
- Your Price: $35.99
- List Price: $44.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 1999
- Dimensions: 7-3/8x9-1/4
- Pages: 320
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-201-32577-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-201-32577-5
The Java Native Interface (JNI) enables the integration of code written in the Java programming language with code written in other languages such as C and C++. It allows programmers to take full advantage of the Java platform without having to abandon their investment in legacy code.
This book is the definitive resource and a comprehensive guide to working with the JNI. Entirely up-to-date, the book offers a tutorial, a detailed description of JNI features and programming techniques, JNI design justifications, and the official specification for all JNI types and functions.
You will find coverage of important topics such as:
- Writing native methods
- Passing data types between the Java language and native programming languages
- Embedding a Java virtual machine implementation in native applications
- Leveraging legacy native libraries
- Improving the efficiency and reliability of your code
An entire chapter is devoted to avoiding common traps and pitfalls. The book uses numerous examples to illustrate programming techniques that have proven to be effective.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Java SE 8 for the Really Impatient
- Book $31.99