- NEW - Thoroughly reflects Sun's latest Java releases, JDK 1.4.1 Standard and Enterprise Editions.
- NEW - All exam objectives for Sun's latest Java Programmer Certification Exams.
- Thorough, practical coverage—Presents practical, easy-to-understand coverage of every essential aspect of Java 2 programming, from basic concepts through advanced J2EE technologies.
- Extensive Java Web development coverage—Includes realistic introductions to Web development with servlets, JSPs, component-based JSP pages, custom tags, and XML.
- By one of the world's leading Java instructors, developers, and architects—Teaches Java through classroom-proven techniques and examples.
- Copyright 2002
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 840
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-672-32415-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-672-32415-4
Java Primer Plus guides the reader through the Java programming language from the basic concepts (basic syntax, variable, literals, operators, loops, conditional statements, etc.) through advanced topics (RMI, JDBC, Network socket programming, etc.). It provides a deep explanation of Java programming concepts and technologies using classroom tested and proven techniques. What makes this book unique is that it spends the last part showing the reader how to integrate Java technologies into everyday Web related practices and with other technologies.
- The dual purpose of the book is:
- 1. To provide a complete introduction to the Java programming language that balances theory with practicality: it will allow readers to (1) become Java certified programmers and (2) become productive in their Java development.
- 2. To give concrete experience with integrating Java programming technologies.
The source code for the examples in the book - 324 kb -- code.zip
Online Sample Chapters
Java Operators: Performing Operations on Primitive Data Types
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION. 1. Introduction to Java. 2. Keywords, Data Types and Variables. 3. Operators. 4. Flow Control. 5. Methods.
II. OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING. 6. Classes. 7. Inheritance. 8. Interfaces 9. Exception Handling. 10. Java Classes. 11. Collection Classes. 12. Input and Output.
III. GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACES. 13. Abstract Window Toolkit. 14. Event Delegation Model. 15. JavaBeans. 16. Swing. 17. Advanced Swing.
IV. ADVANCED TOPICS. 18.Threads. 19. Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) API. 20. Network Programming.
V. WEB TECHNOLOGIES. 21. Servlets. 22. Java Server Pages (JSP). 23. Component-based JSP Pages. 24. Custom Tag Libraries. 25. XML. 26. Web Architecture. Appendices. Appendix A. Using JBuilder. Appendix B. Sun One Studio 4 (Forte) Community Edition. Appendix C. Answers.