Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
IP Telephony: The Integration of Robust VolP Services
- Your Price: $49.29
- List Price: $57.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2000
- Dimensions: 7 X 9-1/4
- Pages: 331
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-014118-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-014118-7
The insider's guide to IP-based telephony: development, network deployment, testing, and beyond
Now that virtually every leading telecommunications service provider has committed to delivering IP-based telephony services, communications professionals face the enormous challenge of implementation. This hands-on guide brings together today's best-known answers and solutions for delivering Voice Over IP (VoIP) services with the quality customers demand. No other book covers the combined issues of protocol signaling, media transport methodology, reference topological considerations, and voice quality testing in service offerings. Bill Douskalis presents systematic coverage of every aspect of IP-based telephony:
- A realistic reference topology for implementing and benchmarking voice quality in IP telephony
- Detailed explanations of call setup using each major competing technology
- Signaling, bearer transport, and other key network elements
- In-depth network and service performance analysis in both "normal" and impaired scenarios
- State-of-the-art traces and performance measurements taken from actual IP networks
No matter what your role in delivering VoIP services, IP Telephony delivers the specifics you need to speed deployment, improve reliability, ensure quality, and simplify troubleshooting. Precise, thorough, and based firmly in the real world, it is simply indispensable.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- HP-UX 11i Tuning and Performance, 2nd Edition
- Book $47.99
- HP-UX 11i Internals
- Book $47.99