Save 40% on books and eBooks + 70% on videos now through May 31*—use code PROGRAM. Shop now.
Introduces students to basic concepts as well as several primary standards organizations so they are given a solid background in significant areas.
This text provides a comprehensive coverage of data communications fundamentals, telephone system operation, local area networks, internetworking, and Internet communications. Each chapter contains numerous examples emphasizing the most important concepts presented. Questions and problems are included at the end of each chapter, and answers to selected problems are provided at the end of the book.Significant material is provided on the following:
1. Introduction to Data Communications and Networking.
2. Signals, Noise, Modulation, and Demodulation.
3. Cable Transmission Media.
4. Optical Fiber Transmission Media.
5. Digital Transmission.
6. Multiplexing and T-Carriers.
7. Wireless Communications Systems.
8. Telephone Instruments and Signals.
9. The Telephone Circuit.
10. The Public Telephone Network.
11. Cellular Telephone Concepts.
12. Cellular Telephone Systems.
13. Data Communications Codes, Data Formats, and Error Control.
14. Data Communications Hardware, Serial and Parallel Interfaces.
15. Data Communications Equipment.
16. Data Link Protocols.
17. Networking and Internetworking.
18. Local Area Networks.
19. TCP/IP Protocol Suite and Internet Protocol Addressing.
20. Networks and Subnetworks.
21. Network-Layer Protocols.
22. Internet Control Management Protocol.
23. Transport-Layer Protocols.
24. Internet Protocol Version 6.
25. Configuration and Domain Name Protocols.
26. TCP/IP Applications-Layer Protocols.
27. Integrated Services Data Networks.