Stimulate creative thought and class discussion. Ex.___
Successful authors William Ford and William Topp have written the first introductory programming book using C++ that concentrates on teaching object design. KEY TOPICS: The authors recognize that program design is one of the most difficult concepts for an introductory programmer. They introduce program design through detailed examples, case studies, and object design methodology and tools such as Unified Modelling Language (UML). The authors carefully walk the reader through the principles of top-down design to produce complete real-world applications.
1. Introduction to Object Technology.
2. Basic C++ Types and Programs.
3. Describing and Declaring Classes.
4. Basic C++ Control Structures.
5. Developing Your Own Classes.
6. Additional C++ Control Structures.
8. Program Designs and Algorithms
9. Operator Overloading and Templates.
10. Pointers and Dynamic Memory.
11. Containers and Linked Lists
12. Inheritance and Virtual Functions.
Appendix A. Computer Data Storage.
Appendix B. Character Representations.
Appendix C. Operator Summary.
Appendix D. Stream Formatting.
Appendix E. The C++ Preprocessor.
Appendix F. Namespaces and the ANSI/ISO Standard Libraries.