General Programming/Other Languages
Introduction Functional Programming, 2nd Edition
- Your Price: $71.39
- List Price: $83.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Now uses Haskell 3.1.
- All chapters have been rewritten and substantially updated
- New case studies, including a substantial application involving an automatic proof tool.
- A calculus of time complexity is included.
- The treatment of data types and recursion comes much earlier than the previous edition.
- Exercises have been changed and simplified.
- There is a new chapter on abstract datatypes in a functional setting.
- There is a simple yet coherent treatment of the Haskell class.
- The laws of functional programming have been made more coherent.
- Includes a treatment of monadic input-output.
- Copyright 1998
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/4"
- Pages: 448
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-13-484346-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-484346-9
After the success of the first edition of Introduction to Functional Programming, the authors have thoroughly updated and revised this bestselling title. This book is unusual amongst books on functional programming in that it is primarily directed towards the concepts of functional programming, rather than their realization in a specific programming language. The book clearly expounds the construction of functional programs as a process of mathematical calculation, but the mathematics is restricted to that relevant to the actual construction of programs.
Table of Contents
1. Fundamental Concepts.
2. Simple Datatypes.
8. Abstract Datatypes.
9. Monads and Interaction.
10. Case Study.
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase