This book presents hardware & software designs for interfacing a diversity of seniors to the IBM-PC. Uses C programming language. Sample computer programs demonstrate how to capture and use information provided by the sensor.
2. Grounds, Shields, and Power Supplies.
3. Interfacing to the IBM PC BUS.
4. Basic Signal Conversion.
5. Serial RS-232-C Interfacing.
6. Interfacing Temperature Sensors.
7. Interfacing Optical Sensors.
8. Interfacing Displacement Sensors.
9. Interfacing Flow Sensors.
10. Interfacing User Input Devices.
11. GPIB (IEEE 488) Interfacing.
12. Telephone Communication.
13. Local Area Networks.
Appendix A: Manufacturers of Interface Hardware for the PC.
Appendix B: Port Definitions.
Appendix C: Digital Oscilloscope Program.