Study for certification and excel on the job with the ONLY official guide mapping to the HP-UX Certified System Engineer (CSE) Exam.
° Maps to exam objectives and covers all subject matter areas for individuals looking to take the HP-UX Certified System Engineer exam.
° There are more than 1.7 million HP-UX installations worldwide, and certified engineers will need to be re-certified within 2 years.
° The author is closely involved in the design and implementation of the HP-UX certification program.
HP-UX CSE: Official Study Guide and Desk Reference
The definitive HP-UX CSE exam preparation guide and reference
HP-approved coverage of all three CSE exams: CSE HP-UX Advanced System Administration, CSE High Availability Using HP-UX Serviceguard, and CSE HP-UX Networking and Security
Comprehensive study resources: exam objectives, sample questions, and summaries for last-minute review
More than a great study guide: an outstanding reference for working system engineers
This book delivers comprehensive preparation for all three HP-UX CSE exams, the core exam: CSE HP-UX Advanced System Administration, and specialty exams, CSE High Availability Using HP-UX Serviceguard and CSE HP-UX Networking and Security. Coverage includes:
This isn't just an outstanding prep guide, it's the definitive day-to-day reference for working professionals in high availability environments.
© Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
I. Managing HP-UX Servers.
1. An Introduction to Your Hardware.
2. Partitioned Servers: Node Partitions.
3. Partitioned Servers: Virtual Partitions.
4. Advanced Peripherals Configuration.
5. Disks and Volumes: RAID Levels and RAID Parity Data.
6. Disks and Volumes: LVM.
7. Disks and Volumes: Veritas Volume Manager.
8. Filesystems: HFS, VxFS, and the VFS Layer.
9. Swap and Dump Space.
10. Monitoring System Resources.
11. Processes, Threads, and Bottlenecks.
II. INSTALL, UPDATE, AND RECOVERY.
12. HP-UX Patches.
13. Installing Software with Software Distributor and Ignite-UX.
14. Emergency Recovery Using the HP-UX Installation Media.
15. Basic IP Configuration.
16. Dynamic Routing.
17. Domain Name System (DNS).
18. Network Time Protocol.
19. An Introduction to sendmail.
20. Common Internet Filesystem (CIFS/9000).
21. An Introduction to LDAP.
22. Web Servers to Manage HP-UX.
23. Other Network Technologies.
IV. HIGH-AVAILABILITY CLUSTERING.
24. Understanding “High Availability”.
25. Setting Up a Serviceguard Cluster.
26. Configuring Packages in a Serviceguard Cluster.
27. Managing a Serviceguard Cluster.
28. Additional Cluster Solutions.
V. HP-UX SECURITY ADMINISTRATION.
29. Dealing with Immediate Security Threats.
30. A New Breed of Security Tools.
Appendix A: Getting to Know Your Hardware: A Bit of Background.
Appendix B: Source Code.
Appendix C: Patching Usage Models White Paper.
Appendix D: Auto-Negotiation White Paper.
Appendix E: Building a Bastion Host White Paper.