Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
HP Pavilion PCs Made Easy: The Official HP Guide
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 2003
- Dimensions: 7 X 9-1/4
- Pages: 416
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-100251-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-100251-7
Easily master Windows XP!
- Covers all your desktop Pavilion's software tools, from Windows XP to Quicken
- Quickly get on the Internet, browse the web, and send and receive email in minutes!
The Official HP Guide
Make the most of your new desktop HP Pavilion PC and Windows XP!
This is the only PC guide authorized by Hewlett Packard and written just for Pavilion owners! HP Pavilion PCs Made Easy covers all you need to get productive with your desktop Pavilion fastand have more fun, too! All in one book: a complete, easy introduction to your Pavilion computer and Microsoft's powerful Windows XP. Easily master XP's amazing collection of tools and learn to configure XP exactly the way you want it. Sure, there are other introductory PC booksbut this is the only one that's authorized by HP, and written just for you, the Pavilion owner!
- Master Windows XP, including Internet Explorer web-browsing and Outlook Express email
- Discover the secrets of the Windows XP desktop
- Set up your Pavilion, Internet, and email connectionsfast!
- Connect your printer, digital camera, and other add-ons
- Explore Microsoft Works, your complete application software suite
- Discover Quicken, your complete personal finance solution
- Use MusicMatch Jukebox to play CDs, listen to Internet radio, and create your own music libraries
- Build your own music tracks with Sonic Foundry
- Protect your Pavilion with bundled anti-virus software and security tools
- Get expert troubleshooting solutions straight from HP technical support
- Learn how to upgrade your Pavilion as your needs change
- And more!
You've bought the world's best home computer. Now master everything it has to offer, with the one book that makes your desktop HP Pavilion PC even better: HP Pavilion PCs Made Easy.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Click here for a sample chapter for this book: 0131002511.pdf
Table of Contents
I. GETTING STARTED WITH YOUR HP PAVILION.1. The Box Is Open? Now What?
2. Setting Up Your Printer.
3. Turn on Your Pavilion: You're All Set to Go!
II. GETTING TO KNOW WINDOWS XP.
4. Getting Around Windows XP.
5. File Management Basics.
6. Customizing Your Computing Experience.
7. Exploring Windows XP Accessories.
III. TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PRE-INSTALLED SOFTWARE.
8. Working with Computer Utilities.
9. Words and Numbers.
10. Fun and Games.
11. Getting Creative.
IV. CONNECTING TO THE INTERNET.
12. Get Online Today!
13. Security and You.
14. Exploring the Internet.
15. Getting in Touch with Email.
V. UPGRADING YOUR PAVILION.
16. Managing Computer Memory.
17. Upgrading Your Hardware.
18. Supercharging Your Pavilion.
VI. MORE GOODIES.
20. The Latest Pavilion Software.
The world of computing today is a pretty magical one, filled with high-powered but easy to use hardware and software. Computers have broken out of offices and into homes in a big way, making possible all kinds of creative, fun, and productive activities, from designing multimedia greeting cards to managing your family's money.
All HP Pavilions come packed with the hardware and software any computer user needs, and most of it is pretty easy to use. But with so many features, a newer user just might need a guiding hand to get the most out of his or her computing experience. That's what this book is about: how to take full advantage of the tools your Pavilion has put at your fingertips.How Is This Book Unique?
This book is like no other book on how to use a computer because it's written specifically for HP Pavilion users. You'll learn how to use HP's help system, as well as the software that comes preloaded on every Pavilion. You'll also get to know the basics of the Windows XP operating system which comes loaded on HP Pavilions, and learn how to get connected to the Internet.
Part 1 tells you how to get started setting up your Pavilion-connecting all the cables, turning the computer on, and getting an idea of what's on your computer.
Part 2 explores Windows` XP, the operating system from Microsoft, that makes your Pavilion run. You'll learn how to get around the Windows desktop, manage the computer files you'll create as you work on your computer every day, and customize Windows and use Windows Accessories.
Part 3 is where you'll learn to use the software that comes with your Pavilion to write documents, create spreadsheets to calculate numbers, manage finances, and design presentations. You'll also learn to play games, and use multimedia software to generate greeting cards that talk, and compose songs.
Part 4 shows you how to get online, finding an Internet Service Provider to get an account if you don't already have one, and taking care of online security settings. Using the Internet Explorer browser you'll search for what you need online, and set up your home page. Finally, you will begin to e-mail all your friends, download file attachments, and organize your inbox.
Part 5 is where I cover some of the basics of upgrading your hardware, such as adding memory or replacing a disk drive. You shouldn't need to do this to your new computer for a long time, but when you do, refer to this section of the book.
Part 6 has only one chapter, and it covers the most up-to-date information on some new software that is included on the most recent Pavilion models.Special Help
Along the way, I've included special elements to help you out:
TIPTips give you advice or tricks for getting things done faster and easier.
CAUTIONCautions warn you about potential problems you might encounter as you go through a process or make changes to your computer.
NOTENotes are little pieces of insight about a term or process or background information you may be interested in knowing.
Projects are step-by-step procedures to accomplish something fun and useful with your Pavilion. When you finish a project, you'll have produced a document or set up something on your computer you can use right away.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- HP-UX 11i Tuning and Performance, 2nd Edition
- Book $47.99
- HP-UX 11i Internals
- Book $47.99