How Wireless Works, 2nd Edition
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 2006
- Dimensions: 8" x 10"
- Pages: 272
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-7897-3344-7
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7897-3344-3
How Wireless Works, Second Edition continues in the How It Works series tradition by explaining every aspect of wireless communications, from the remote control on your coffee table to the most sophisticated wireless Internet networks. This book will provide you with a basic technical background on wireless technologies, including infrared, radio-frequency, WiFi, and RFID. You'll also go inside each technology's strengths and weaknesses, so that you'll know which technology is best suited to a particular application. In part, you will learn about:
- How data rides on the wireless waves.
- How radio and television broadcasting work.
- How cellular networks, cells and base stations work.
- How Wifi works at home and at the office.
- Privacy and security in a wireless world.
Four-color illustrations will take you through the inner-workings of each individual wireless networking component and then show you how they all work together. If you're in the market to buy wireless equipment, this book will also help you figure out what is the best deal for your money as it will explain the differences between competing industry standards. If you have always wanted to know how wireless works, this is your book!
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase