This book is the ultimate ‘how to’ of management. It distils the theory of management to give you both the practical techniques and soft skills you need to be a successful manager.
Managing well is about getting things done. This book will show you how.
How to Manage is the definitive how-to of management. Based on years of management practice in some of the world’s leading organisations, it cuts through the theory to show you how to develop the skills, behaviours, political abilities and emotions to thrive as a manager.
In How to Manage you’ll learn to:
· Evaluate your management potential
· Assess each member of your team and help them discover how they can improve
· Identify and build the core skills you need to do well
· Recognise the rules of success in your particular organisation
· Manage in a virtual world
Changes for this Edition
This new edition extends to managing your career and your management journey - it shows how the skills and rules of survival and success change at each level.
'Jo Owen gets right to the heart of what great managers do and gives you the skills to practise so that you can become great.'
James Toop, Chief Executive of Teaching Leaders