Based on proven practical methodologies, this highly practical book will show you how to develop, nurture and guide the talents and skills of other people .
Everyone has the potential to be a brilliant mentor.
Mentoring is fast-becoming the must-have leadership skill that helps you get the best out of your staff, and Brilliant Mentoring shows how you can have it too. Based on methods specifically developed and proven in business, you’ll discover what it takes to be a mentor, how to use the individual and collective mentoring methods and how to apply these to common scenarios.
With Brilliant Mentoring you’ll unlock your own unique mentoring ability and reap the rewards in no time at all!
About the author
Part 1: The what and why of mentoring
1. What is mentoring?
2. What is the difference between coaching, mentoring and sponsoring?
3. How will mentoring benefit you and your team?
4. Individual or group mentoring – what is best for your team?
Part 2: The how of mentoring
5. What makes an effective mentor: success factors, attitudes and communication
6. What’s your style? The essential mentor; the manager-mentor; the executive mentor; the all-inspiring mentor
7. Factors influencing success or failure in the mentoring process
8. The step-by-step individual mentoring programme
8.1 Matching the mentor and mentee
8.2 Training mentees for success
8.3 Establishing and maintaining a good mentoring relationship
8.4 Setting and monitoring effective mentoring objectives
8.5 Successful mentoring meetings
8.6 Giving efficient and effective feedback
8.7 Ending the programme
Part 3: Be a successful mentor and manager
9. Being both a mentor and a manager: how to switch from one to the other
10. Use mentoring to increase commitment and motivation in your team
11. Improving your own leadership and interactive skills through mentoring
12. Cross-mentoring and e-mentoring: exciting new ways of working