Save 40% on books and eBooks + 70% on videos now through May 31*—use code PROGRAM. Shop now.
Throw away blinders, learn to anticipate change -- and ride it to unprecedented success.
In The Untrapped Mind, two leading futurists reveal the breakthrough thinking techniques they've developed to liberate the mind from its old assumptions, and sensitize it to the earliest signals of change. Edie Weiner and Arnold Brown show how to overcome both personal and institutional biases, to see the big picture. Learn how to recognize when trends aren't linear, and when tomorrow won't be 'just like today'. The authors show how a football game can help clarify priorities in attracting and retaining customers; how the history of railroads can put the Internet into perspective; how the 'Law of LargeNumbers' helps one recognize the drivers behind such powerful forces as deviancy and terrorism; and much more.
Download the Sample
Chapter related to this title.
I. PERSONAL TRAPS: INDIVIDUAL BIASES AND BLOCKS TO SEEING AND UNDERSTANDING CHANGE.
1. Looking Through Alien Eyes.
3. Substituting the Spiral for the Pendulum.
4. The Extremes Inform the Middle.
II. ORGANIZATIONAL TRAPS: INSTITUTIONAL BIASES AND BLOCKS TO RESPONDING TO CHANGE.
6. The Multiplier Effect of New Distribution Channels.
8. Integrity Begets Quality.
III. SPRINGING THE TRAP: SEEING THE BIG PICTURE.
9. The Law of Large Numbers.
11. Compromise Versus Lowest Common Denominators.
IV. IMAGINING THE WAY: USING METAPHORS TO FREE YOUR MIND.
12. The Three-Legged Stools of the Political Agenda.
14. Football Meets Shopping.
15. Managing by Harnessing Evolution.
16. Self-Defeating and Self-Fulfilling Prophecies.
Download the Index
file related to this title.