Whether you need to understand other peoples calculations to make confident business decisions, or formulate investment choices based on your own numbers, this book will give you the tools you need.
Banks and financial institutions, businesses and politicians often spin their statistics as they know they can rely on customers or constituents not to understand or check maths and formulas.
This book introduces you to the basic tools of maths, statistics and business calculations so that that you can understand the numbers, work out your own calculations and make better investing, saving and business decisions.
1. Dealing with large amounts of information: market surveys, polls and social behaviour.
2. Spotting misleading statements
3. Charts, charts, charts.
4. Estimates and forecasts
5. Key decision-making tools
6. Handling very complex problems: linear programming
7. Finance and Investment
8. Stock market tools: investment strategies and company analysis
9. The basics