- offers comprehensive, practical coverage on systems design, installation, and maintenance.
- provides in-depth treatment of fiber components, representative product, and their performance characteristics and tradeoffs.
- includes a detailed discussion of the latest system standards and architectures, as well as accepted installation and acceptance techniques.
- includes a full section on the latest systems and network architectures used in the industry.
- updates coverage of installation, maintenance and measurement techniques useful in the field.
- contains a “Systems Design Tutorial” that explains the principles of fiber optic systems design and links budget analysis in a simple, practical “cookbook” approach.
- Copyright 1993
- Dimensions: 6" x 9"
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-13-321241-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-321241-9
A practical and up-to-date tutorial on everything necessary to understand how to apply fiber in a communications application. covers components, system design, cable installation, and systems and fiber measurement. For technicians, associates, trainers, supervisors, or engineers that have to either design, install and/or maintain a practical fiber system in today's environment.
Table of Contents
1. Fiber Optics: Light-Wave Communications.
2. Fundamentals of Light.
3. Light Sources and Transmitters.
4. Optical Fiber.
5. Splices Connectors and Couplers.
6. Detectors and Receivers.
7. Systems Design and Architecture.
8. Installation and Measurements.