Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Exceptional C++: 47 Engineering Puzzles, Programming Problems, and Solutions
- Your Price: $39.99
- List Price: $49.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2000
- Dimensions: 7-3/8x9-1/4
- Pages: 240
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-201-61562-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-201-61562-3
Exceptional C++ shows by example how to go about sound software engineering in standard C++. Do you enjoy solving thorny C++ problems and puzzles? Do you relish writing robust and extensible code? Then take a few minutes and challenge yourself with some tough C++ design and programming problems.
The puzzles and problems in Exceptional C++ not only entertain, they will help you hone your skills to become the sharpest C++ programmer you can be. Many of these problems are culled from the famous Guru of the Week feature of the Internet newsgroup comp.lang.c++.moderated, expanded and updated to conform to the official ISO/ANSI C++ Standard.
Each problem is rated according to difficulty and is designed to illustrate subtle programming mistakes or design considerations. After you've had a chance to attempt a solution yourself, the book then dissects the code, illustrates what went wrong, and shows how the problem can be fixed. Covering a broad range of C++ topics, the problems and solutions address critical issues such as:
- Generic programming and how to write reusable templates
- Exception safety issues and techniques
- Robust class design and inheritance
- Compiler firewalls and the Pimpl Idiom
- Name lookup, namespaces, and the Interface Principle
- Memory management issues and techniques
- Traps, pitfalls, and anti-idioms
Try your skills against the C++ masters and come away with the insight and experience to create more efficient, effective, robust, and portable C++ code.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Tour of C++, A
- Book $23.99
- Tour of C++, A
- eBook (Watermarked) $19.19