- lists the main responsibilities of an SCO UNIX system administrator.
- shows how to master the fully configurable installation of SCO UNIX.
- explains how to configure a broad range of SCO-supported hardware.
- shows how to configure and maintain reliable filesystems and an efficient printing subsystem.
- tells how to monitor and schedule the use of processor resources.
- covers UNIX system security issues.
- ensures efficient and appropriate user access to system resources.
- lists the tunable kernel parameters wit the greatest impact on system performance.
- shows how to troubleshoot a wide range of system problems.
- explains how to configure the mail delivery system for operation on a network.
- shows how to customize selected built-in SCO applications, such as mail, SCO shell, sysadmsh, vi.
- Copyright 1995
- Dimensions: 7 x 9-1/4
- Pages: 336
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-290859-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-290859-7
Containing the key administrative secrets of the complex SCO UNIX system, this book is a guide and an almanac of useful tables and diagrams designed to meet the needs of a broad range of SCO UNIX system administrators. KEY TOPICS: Explains how an operating system works; how to assess the state of your system; how to configure high-soeed modems; easy filesystem configuration; data access optimization; how to back up your data; painless SCO UNIX security; keeping users happy; planning for future growth. MARKET: For system administrators working with SCO UNIX,SCO Open Desktop and SCO Open Server.
Table of Contents
3. What Is SCO UNIX?
4. Basic Terminology and Concepts.
5. Basic Product Information.
6. Orientation for MS-DOS Users.
7. Notes for Users of Other UNIXs