Essential App Engine: Building High-Performance Java Apps with Google App Engine, Rough Cuts
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- About Rough Cuts
Rough Cuts are manuscripts that are developed but not yet published, available through Safari Books Online. Rough Cuts provide you access to the very latest information on a given topic and offer you the opportunity to interact with the author to influence the final publication.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 7" x 9"
- Pages: 400
- Edition: 1st
- Rough Cuts
- ISBN-10: 0-13-248478-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-248478-7
This is the Rough Cut version of the printed book.In Essential App Engine, Adriaan de Jonge shows Java developers how to rapidly build complex, productionquality, performance-driven cloud applications with Google App Engine. Using a start-to-finish case study and extensive Java example code, De Jonge covers the entire lifecycle, from application design and data modeling through security, testing, and deployment.
De Jonge introduces breakthrough techniques for creating applications that respond within two seconds, even on cold startup, and allow server responses in hundreds of milliseconds or less throughout the rest of the session. He also demonstrates how to avoid common mistakes that can dramatically reduce cloud application performance and scalability. He thoroughly covers state-of-the-art user interface development and shows how to make the most of Google App Engine’s extensive set of APIs. Coverage includes
- Setting up a development environment that makes it easy to continually address performance
- Understanding the anatomy of a Google App Engine application
- Making the right technical setup and design choices for each new application
- Efficiently modeling data for App Engine’s NoSQL data storage
- Recognizing when to avoid OR-mapping and pass datastore entities directly to HTML templates
- Finding alternatives to frameworks and libraries that impair App Engine performance
- Improving browser performance and reducing resource consumption via better use of HTML5 and CSS3
- Taking advantage of key App Engine APIs: datastore, blobstore, mail, task scheduling, memory caching, URL retrieval, and messaging
- Securing cloud-based Web applications with Google Accounts, OpenID, and OAuth
- Improving your cloud development, quality assurance, and deployment processes
- Targeting, marketing, and selling cloud solutions, from planning to payment handling
Other Things You Might Like
- Just Enough Requirements Management: Where Software Development Meets Marketing
- eBook (Watermarked) $15.99
- Drupal 7 Explained: Your Step-by-Step Guide
- Book $31.99
- Sams Teach Yourself the Twitter API in 24 Hours
- Book $27.99