General Engineering & Hardware
Engineer's Procurement Manual for Major Plant Equipment: A Guide to Principles and Procedures for Planning, Specif., Bidding, Evaluat., Contract Awar
- Your Price: $93.50
- List Price: $110.00
- Available on demand.
- Preparing the detailed front-end planning to assure all work associated with the procurement will be successfully executed from concept through to completing the contract.
- Understanding and compiling both the technical and commercial aspects of an engineering contract and correctly locating the respective provisions in the bidding and contract documents.
- Drafting the technical specification including the individual engineering specifications, equipment data sheets, reference drawings, and other supporting technical documents.
- Specifying accurately, the bidding requirements so that bidders can process all the information and data called for by the purchaser in order to submit a complete and effective bid. This will permit the purchaser to prepare a comparative bid evaluation for the selection of a contractor to perform the work.
- Summarizing guidelines on analyzing the technical, contractual, and financial features of bids received, and preparing a bid evaluation and recommendation report which on management approval, leads to the signing of a formal contract agreement by the parties to the contract.
- Outlining the functions of bid and contract securities.
- The last part of the book presents a sample set of completed documents for an imaginary procurement covering the bidding requirements, engineering specifications, bid evaluation, and final contract documents.
- Copyright 1996
- Dimensions: 7 x 9 1/4
- Pages: 368
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-294711-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-294711-4
It is surprising how many engineers cannot evaluate bids properly, and therefore award contracts for major equipment based solely on the lowest price received. This book provides valuable and practical “hands on” guidance on engineering procurement formation techniques, from planning to placing the contract, in the mechanical, electrical, process, and mining fields. KEY TOPICS: This book is unique in that it covers both the commercial (legal and financial), and technical aspects of an engineering contract for the acquisition of major plant equipment. MARKET: For plant engineers, plant owners, legal counsel, upper levels of management who approve the bid evaluation and recommendation, and equipment suppliers who bear heavy costs for bid preparation.
Table of Contents
PART 1: PRINCIPLES OF PROCUREMENT FORMATION. Elements of Procurement Contracts. Overview of Procurement by Competitive Bidding. The Key Documents.
PART 2: PROCEDURES FOR PROCUREMENT FORMATION. Strategic Planning Procedures. Compiling the Contract Conditions for Procurements. Developing the Commercial Terms Relating to Procurements. Preparing the Technical Specification. Drafting the Requirements for Bidding. Managing the Bidding Period. Receiving and Opening Bids. Preparing the Bid Evaluation and Drafting the Bid Recommendation Report. Finalizing the Contract Documents and Placing the Contract.
PART 3: THE ROLE OF THE SECURITIES IN THE PROCUREMENT. Bid and Contract Securities.
PART 4: SPECIFICATION WRITING AND PRODUCTION TECHNIQUES. Specification Style and Document Form.
PART 5: DOCUMENTS FOR A SAMPLE PROCUREMENT. Introduction to the Sample Procurement. A Series of Completed Documents for the Sample Procurement.
Appendix A: Locator Guide for Key Subject Matter in Bidding and Contract Documents.
Appendix B: SI Units and Conversions.
Appendix C: Trade Terms.
Appendix D: Common Abbreviations and Unit Symbols Used In Technical Documents.
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase