Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Embedded Linux Primer: A Practical Real-World Approach, 2nd Edition
- By Christopher Hallinan
- Published Oct 26, 2010 by Prentice Hall. Part of the Prentice Hall Open Source Software Development Series series.
Best Value Purchase
Book + eBook Bundle
- Your Price: $53.99
- List Price: $89.98
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Your Price: $39.99
- List Price: $49.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Your Price: $31.99
- List Price: $39.99
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 656
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-13-701783-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-701783-6
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-259527-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-259527-8
Up-to-the-Minute, Complete Guidance for Developing Embedded Solutions with Linux
Linux has emerged as today’s #1 operating system for embedded products. Christopher Hallinan’s Embedded Linux Primer has proven itself as the definitive real-world guide to building efficient, high-value, embedded systems with Linux. Now, Hallinan has thoroughly updated this highly praised book for the newest Linux kernels, capabilities, tools, and hardware support, including advanced multicore processors.
Drawing on more than a decade of embedded Linux experience, Hallinan helps you rapidly climb the learning curve, whether you’re moving from legacy environments or you’re new to embedded programming. Hallinan addresses today’s most important development challenges and demonstrates how to solve the problems you’re most likely to encounter.
You’ll learn how to build a modern, efficient embedded Linux development environment, and then utilize it as productively as possible. Hallinan offers up-to-date guidance on everything from kernel configuration and initialization to bootloaders, device drivers to file systems, and BusyBox utilities to real-time configuration and system analysis. This edition adds entirely new chapters on UDEV, USB, and open source build systems.
- Tour the typical embedded system and development environment and understand its concepts and components.
- Understand the Linux kernel and userspace initialization processes.
- Preview bootloaders, with specific emphasis on U-Boot.
- Configure the Memory Technology Devices (MTD) subsystem to interface with flash (and other) memory devices.
- Make the most of BusyBox and latest open source development tools.
- Learn from expanded and updated coverage of kernel debugging.
- Build and analyze real-time systems with Linux.
- Learn to configure device files and driver loading with UDEV.
- Walk through detailed coverage of the USB subsystem.
- Introduces the latest open source embedded Linux build systems.
- Reference appendices include U-Boot and BusyBox commands.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Advanced Qt Programming: Creating Great Software with C++ and Qt 4
- eBook (Watermarked) $35.19
- Linux Programmer's Toolbox, The
- Book $39.99
- Understanding the Linux Virtual Memory Manager
- Book $51.99