General Programming/Other Languages
Elements of ML Programming, ML97 Edition, 2nd Edition
- Your Price: $89.42
- List Price: $105.20
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Summarizes the entire ML 97 language including the latest SML/NJ features.
- The author, who is a data structure pioneer, shows how standard structures and problems (e.g., hashing, binary trees, solving linear equations, numerical integration, and sorting) are implemented with ML.
- Makes ML programming interesting for the uninitiated.
- Demonstrates the power and ease of functional programming with a variety of interesting small and large program examples .
- Gives an and accurate overview of important ML syntax and semantic subtleties.
- Uses pedagogy that highlights key concepts and pitfalls with easy to use lists and bullets.
- Has a flexible organization that can be adapted to introductory or intermediate/advanced courses.
- Covers the module system and functions.
- Explores the array structure.
- Copyright 1998
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/4"
- Pages: 383
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-13-790387-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-790387-0
Written by a well-known computer science education and researcher. No previous knowledge of ML or functional programming is assumed. KEY TOPICS: This is the first book that offers BOTH a highly accessible, step-by-step introductory tutorial on ML programming and a complete reference to, and explanation of, advanced features. The author uses a wide variety of digestible program examples to bring the reader along at a reasonable pace. More sophisticated programs and advanced concept topics balance out a book that is usable in a number of courses and settings for either self-study or class discussion.
Table of Contents
1. A Perspective on ML and SML/NJ.
2. Getting Started in ML.
3. Defining Functions.
4. Input and Output.
5. More about Functions.
6. Defining Your Own Types.
7. More about ML Data Structures.
8. Encapsulation and ML Module System.
9. Summary of the ML Standard Basis.
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase