Master Microsoft's .NET Framework using Delphi.
This book provides expert knowledge of both Delphi and. NET with the same, practicable and real-world solutions approach used in previous Delphi Developer's Guides. Delphi for .NET Developer's Guide is a new edition of the #1 Delphi book by authors Xavier Pacheco and Steve Teixeira. This newest edition is completely updated for Delphi using the .NET Framework and includes in-depth coverage on Borland's new CLX architecture, DBExpress Applications, SOAP, CORBA, WebSnap and BizSnap features. It continues as a complete reference and authoritative guide to the newest version of Delphi. Additional topics covered include: The .NET Framework; Programs, Units, and Namespaces;.NET Security Custom WinForms Controls; Memory Management and Garbage Collection; COM and COM+ Interoperability; ADO.NET, ASP.NET and Web Services.
1. Introduction to .NET.
2. Overview of the .NET Framework.
3. Introduction to Delphi for .NET and the New IDE.
4. Programs, Units, and Namespaces.
5. The Delphi Language.
6. AssembliesLibraries and Packages.
7. GDI+ ProgrammingDrawing in .NET.
8. MonoA Cross Platform .NET Project.
9. Memory Management and Garbage Collection.
11. Working with the String and StringBuilder Classes.
12. File and Streaming Operations.
13. Developing Custom WinForms Controls.
14. Threading in Delphi for .NET.
15. Reflection API.
16. InteroperabilityCOM Interop and the Platform Invocation Service.
17. Overview of ADO.NET.
18. Using the Connection Object.
19. Using Command and DataReader Objects.
20. DataAdapters and DataSets.
21. Working with WinFormsDataViews and Data Binding.
22. Saving Data to the Data Source.
23. Working with Transactions and Strongly-Typed DataSets.
24. The Borland Data Provider.
25. ASP.NET Fundamentals.
26. Building ASP.NET Web Pages.
27. Building Database Driven ASP.NET Applications.
28. Building Web Services.
29. .NET Remoting and Delphi.
30. .NET Remoting in Action.
31. Securing ASP.NET Applications.
32. ASP.NET Deployment and Configuration.
33. Caching and Managing State in ASP.NET Applications.
34. Developing Custom ASP.NET Server Controls.