Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Database Solutions: A step-by-step guide to building databases
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 2000
- Dimensions: 7-3/8x9-1/4
- Pages: 448
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-201-67476-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-201-67476-7
Database Solutions:A Step-by-Step Guide to Building Databases by Thomas Connolly & Carolyn BeggDo you carry the world on your shoulders? Does every request for a new business system from Senior Management land on your desk? Are you responsible for designing and creating the databases that keep your business running? Would you like to make the design and build process smoother, quicker and more reliable?
- Recipe for disaster:
- Take one RDMS
- Follow instructions on packet
- Recipe for success:
- Take one RDMS n any of the major commercial products will do***Oracle***Informix***SQL Server***Access***Paradox
- Add one thorough reading of Database Solutions if you are an inexperienced database designer, or one recap of the methodology if you are an old hand
- Use the design and implementation frameworks to plan your timetable
- Measure out a common data model that fits your requirements and adapt as necessary
- Weigh up advice and tips from the authors - experienced professionals
- Make life easy. Look in this book and CD-ROM for:
- Step-by-step instructions on designing and building databases
- Advice and tips on building a successful database
- Comprehensive guidance on avoiding pitfalls and traps
- How to create data models using the new design notation, UML (with appendices mapping to Chen's notation and the Crow's Feet notation)
- Shortcuts: 15 sample data models to adapt to your needs, chosen from 7 common business areas, plus SQL scripts for each
- Two full length, coded example databases written on Microsoft Access 97 and Oracle 8
- Evaluation copy of Rational's UML visual modelling tool, Rose.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Data Just Right LiveLessons (Video Training)
- Downloadable Video $239.99