Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Core iOS 6 Developer's Cookbook, The, 4th Edition
- Your Price: $28.79
- List Price: $35.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7" x 9"
- Pages: 576
- Edition: 4th
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-312086-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-312086-8
The Core iOS 6 Developer’s Cookbook brings together reliable, proven solutions for the heart of day-to-day iOS 6 development. World-renowned iOS programming expert Erica Sadun covers all the classes you’ll need to create successful iOS 6 mobile apps with standard APIs and interface elements and take full advantage of iOS 6 graphics, touches, and views.
As in her previous bestselling iOS books, Sadun translates today’s development best practices into working code, distilling key concepts into concise recipes that are easy to understand and transfer into your own projects. This isn’t just cut-and-paste; using her examples, Sadun fully explains both the “how” and “why” of effective iOS 6 development.
All code has been fully revised and extensively tested to reflect the latest iOS 6 features and the newest iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch capabilities. Throughout, every chapter groups related tasks together, so you can jump straight to your solution, without having to identify the right class or framework first. Coverage includes
- Supporting direct user input through multitouch and gestures, including custom gesture recognizers
- Building, customizing, and using iOS 6 controls
- Alerting users via popup dialogs, progress bars, local notifications, popovers, audio pings, and other techniques
- Assembling views and animation, organizing view hierarchies, and understanding how views work together
- Using iOS 6’s breakthrough autolayout constraints system to simplify support for multiple screen geometries controlling keyboards, making onscreen elements “text aware,” and efficiently scanning and formatting text
- Using view controllers to organize your users’ workspaces
- Managing photos, videos, email, text messages, and iOS 6-enhanced social media updates
- Implementing VoiceOver accessibility to reach even more users
- Organizing apps simply and intuitively with tables and adding flexibility with iOS 6’s brand new collection views
- Getting started with Core Data managed data stores
- Leveraging iOS 6’s powerful networking and web services support
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Sams Teach Yourself Objective-C in 24 Hours, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59
- iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide, 4th Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $31.99
- iOS UICollectionView: The Complete Guide, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $19.99