Now that Sun, IBM, Hewlett-Packard, and SCO have all agreed to use HP VUE as their desktop, there is great interest in techniques for customizing HP VUE. This book explains how to shape HP VUE to meet the requirements of a particular work environment, and in doing so, turn the computer into a personal productivity tool. KEY TOPICS: Covers front panel modifications, application integration, startup configuration, and performance tuning. MARKET: For system managers and end users who want to shape their HP VUE environment.
2. Organizing Your Head.
3. Starting Off on the Right Foot.
4. An Interface for All Seasons.
5. Souping Up the Front Panel.
6. Making Use of the Environment.
7. Going Graphical with Data Objects.
8. Tuning HP VUE.
9. Developing an HP VUE Client-Server Strategy.
10. A Few Hints on Error Diagnostics.
11. Smoke, Mirrors, and Other Tricks.