CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 Authorized Cert Guide, Deluxe Edition and Simulator Bundle
- By Mark Edward Soper, David L. Prowse, Scott Mueller, Elizabeth (Beth) Smith, Robin Graham
- Published Dec 21, 2012 by Pearson IT Certification. Part of the Cert Guide series.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 1008
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7897-5035-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7897-5035-8
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
This value packed bundle includes the most comprehensive and practical learning and preparation guide, CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 Authorized Cert Guide, Deluxe Edition and the CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 Simulator, the most effective simulator for hands on A+ skills enhancement
The Cert Guide, Deluxe Edition
Learn, prepare, and practice for CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 exam success with this CompTIA Authorized Cert Guide from Pearson IT Certification, a leader in IT Certification learning and a CompTIA Authorized Platinum Partner.
CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 Authorized Cert Guide, Deluxe Ediiton is a best-of-breed exam study guide. Best-selling authors Mark Soper, David Prowse and Scott Mueller share their preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
The book presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. Exam topic lists and a detailed listing of the objectives and where they are covered in the book. (includes chapters and page numbers) make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly. Review questions help you assess your knowledge, and a final preparation chapter guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your final study plan.
- Master CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 exam topics
- Assess your knowledge with chapter-ending quizzes
- Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
- Practice with realistic exam questions on the DVD
- 4-color interior that will enhance the visual learning experience
An objective table on the IFC
The companion DVD contains the powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test engine, complete with hundreds of exam-realistic questions. The assessment engine offers you a wealth of customization options and reporting features, laying out a complete assessment of your knowledge to help you focus your study where it is needed most. Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging review questions and exercises, this CompTIA authorized study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
The CompTIA authorized study guide helps you master all the topics on the A+ exam, including:
- Essential concepts and troubleshooting principles
- BIOS and CMOS
- Memory types and characteristics
- I/O ports and multimedia devices
- Video cards and displays
- Motherboards, CPUs, and adapter cards
- Laptop components
- Windows 7, XP, and 2000
- Power supplies and system cooling
- Safety and environmental concerns
The DVD contains four free, complete practice exams, beep codes, and video training.
Includes Exclusive Offer for 70% Off Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test
CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 Simulator helps you develop and practice hands-on skills without the investment in expensive lab hardware or changing the settings on your computer. This state-of-the-art simulator software was built by experienced teachers for their students and reviewed by A+ and computer repair experts. The product allows you to
- Experience more than 200 Control Panel scenarios and exercises for both Windows 7 and XP
- Work in both an assisted Student Mode where all key strokes are guided and in a Professional Mode where you are free to try out anything
- Keep track of all key strokes so you can measure your effectiveness and efficiency with all commands
CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 Simulator uses scenario-based labs to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills. The labs provide you with hands-on experience for troubleshooting common operating system problems in a safe practice environment.
This product gives you immediate feedback as you explore the operating system and guides you to solutions for each scenario. It also encourages you to experiment with multiple pathways to accomplish each task.
Student Mode Click any icon or menu item on the screen, but only the icons or menu items that lead to the correct solution will respond.
Professional Mode All icons and menu items are active, just as they are in a real-life situation. Explore any pathway in an effort to solve the scenario, not just down the prescribed pathway.
This unique simulation software helps you master the hands-on skills needed to succeed on the A+ exam. Features include:
- Covers all A + 220-801 and 220-802 objectives
- More than ten hours of video training
- 260 hands-on labs
- Five different types of labs
Also includes 44 hands-on Beyond the OS labs covering topics such as:
- No Display troubleshooting scenario
- CPU installation
- Utilizing a POST card tester
- Utilizing a multimeter
- Utilizing a power supply tester
- Change out toner cartridge in laser printer
- Master/Slaving drives
- Connecting a computer to cable Internet
- Configure drives for RAID 0
- Configure drives for RAID 1
- Adding a conversion bracket to enable SATA ports to be used with eSATA drives
- Connect a port replicator / docking station and cables
This product currently is not for sale.
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.