- Copyright 2015
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7897-5552-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7897-5552-0
Master PC installation, configuration, repair, maintenance, and networking
and fully prepare for the CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 exams
This unique tutorial and study guide teaches the fundamentals of computer desktop and laptop installation, configuration, maintenance, and networking with thorough instruction built on the CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 exam objectives. Learn all the skills you need to become a certified professional and customer-friendly technician using today’s tools and technologies.
Every chapter opens with focused learning objectives and lists the exam objectives covered in that chapter. To meet the learning objectives, each chapter includes detailed figures, helpful Tech Tips, explanations of key terms, step-by-step instruction, and complete coverage of every topic. At the end of every chapter are comprehensive assessment tools, including a summary, review questions, labs, activities, and exam tips.
Covers Both 2012 A+ Exams:
• PC Hardware
• Operational Procedures
• Operating Systems
• Mobile Devices
Learn more quickly and thoroughly with all these study and review tools:
Web-based learning and hands-on labs
- Learning Objectives provide the goals for each chapter
- Practical Tech Tips give real-world PC repair knowledge
- Soft Skills information and activities in each chapter cover all the tools and skills you need to become a professional, customer-friendly technician in every category
- Review Questions, including true/false, multiple choice, matching, fill-in-the-blank, and open-ended questions, assess your knowledge of the learning objectives
- More than 125 Lab Exercises enable you to link theory to practical experience
- Key Terms identify exam words and phrases associated with each topic
- Detailed Glossary clearly defines every key term
- Critical Thinking Activities in every chapter take you beyond the facts to complete comprehension of topics
- Chapter Summary provides a recap of key concepts
Complete CompTIA A+ Guide to PCs uCertify Course and Labs
is an easy-to-use online course that allows you to assess your readiness and teaches you what you need to know to pass the A+ 200-801 and 220-802 exams.
Master all of the CompTIA A+ exam objectives in the framework of Complete CompTIA A+ Guide to PCs interactive eBook. The interactive eBook includes informative text, tables, step-by-step lists, images, 13 hours of video, interactive exercises, glossary flash cards, and review activities. The course comes complete with extensive pre- and post-assessment tests. In total there are over 700 practice questions.
The award-winning uCertify Labs help bridge the gap between conceptual knowledge and real-world application by providing competency-based, interactive, online, 24x7 training. uCertify Labs simulate real-world computer hardware, software applications and operating systems, and command-line interfaces. The 200+ labs are supplemented with more than 110 videos demonstrating lab solutions. Students can feel safe working in this virtual environment resolving real-world operating system and hardware problems.
All of the content–the complete textbook, the 13 hours of video instruction, the practice questions, the exercises, and the labs–is focused around the official CompTIA A+ exam objectives.