Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
CMMI(SM) Distilled: A Practical Introduction to Integrated Process Improvement
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2001
- Dimensions: 7-3/8x9-1/4
- Pages: 336
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-201-73500-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-201-73500-0
The original Capability Maturity Model® (CMM®) framework has been widely adopted to support software process improvement. Its success has led to the development of similar models for process improvement in other areas: systems engineering, acquisition, and human resources, among others. However, the existence of multiple process improvement models within the same organization can lead to conflict and confusion. The Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) project, spearheaded by industry, government, and the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at Carnegie Mellon, aims to alleviate these difficulties. It supplies a single, integrated framework for improving various processes throughout an organization, thereby enhancing the quality and efficiency of the organization as a whole.
CMMI® Distilled offers executives, project managers, systems and software engineers, and process improvement practitioners a concise, authoritative, and experience-rich introduction to the CMMI framework. The book first explains key aspects of integrated process improvement. Brief case studies highlight the experiences of organizations that have pioneered integrated process improvement and reveal potential pitfalls as well as best practices. It then describes the structure and content of CMMI tools and offers concrete, practical implementation guidelines.
Specific topics covered include:
- The benefits of integrated process improvement
- Migration from legacy process improvement activities to the CMMI framework
- The initial CMMI disciplines: systems engineering, software engineering, and integrated product and process development
- The proposed CMMI extension for acquisition
- Staged and continuous CMMI model representations
- Choosing the most appropriate models for your organization
- Customizing CMMI products for a specific organization
- The rationale behind certain CMMI design decisions
- The initial approach to assessments in CMMI
- Likely future developments within the CMMI project
The CMMI models are large and complex products. CMMI® Distilled provides a concise introduction to help you understand the CMMI framework, evaluate it, and take the first steps toward integrated process improvement.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Lean Mindset, The: Ask the Right Questions
- Book $31.99