Routing & Switching
Cisco Field Manual: Router Configuration
- Your Price: $47.99
- List Price: $59.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2002
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 688
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-024-2
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-024-4
Cisco Field Manual: Router Configuration is the ultimate command reference that shows readers how to configure routers and switches with Cisco IOS software. Complete with shaded tab sections for different IOS software feature families for easy reference. Each section provides a succinct background of the group, configuration information and example components. With information on the most recent IOS releases as well as on previous releases in simple to read tables, Cisco Field Manual: Router Configuration is designed to be an invaluable workplace tool.
- Presents the common elements of complex configurations for Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls in an intuitive, easy-to-reference format.
- Each feature includes concise background information, configuration notes, port numbers, and examples.
- Describes actual configuration commands and options in the order they should be used.
- Saves time spent searching for pertinent information in the Cisco IOS documentation.
- Useful as a hands-on command reference in the field or as a part of any candidate¿s Cisco Career Certifications preparation.
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 331 KB -- Chapter 3: Dial Solutions
Table of Contents
I. CONFIGURATION FUNDAMENTALS. 1. Configuration Basics. 2. Interface Configuration. 3. Dial Solutions.
II. LAYER 2 NETWORKING. 4. Bridging. 5. IBM Networking.
III. NETWORK PROTOCOLS. 6. IP Addressing & Services. 7. IP Routing Protocols. 8. IP Route Processing. 9. Non-IP Routing Protocols.
IV. PACKET PROCESSING. 10. Quality of Service. 11. Cisco IOS Software Switching Services.
V. VOICE & TELEPHONY. 12. Voice & Telephony.
VI. SECURITY. 13. Security & VPNs. 14. Access Lists.
VII. APPENDIXES. Appendix A: Cisco IOS Software Releases and Filenames. Appendix B: Cabling Quick Reference. Appendix C: SNMP MIB Structure. Appendix D: Password Recovery. Appendix E: Configuration Register Settings. Appendix F: Well-known IP Protocol Numbers. Appendix G: Well-known IP Port Numbers. Appendix H: Well-known ICMP Type and Code Numbers. Appendix I: Well-known Multicast Addresses. Appendix J: Well-known IPX SAP Codes. Appendix K: Ethernet Type Codes.
Download - 339 KB -- Index
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of
Books & Training Videos
about technology, professional development and digital media
If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.